“Wow. What can I say!! Digitool has transformed my business from an owner operator to having 3 vans on the road full time. We receive constant feedback from Digitool and they always offer new suggestions to bring in business.”
You want to grow a ‘Turnkey’ style business
It sounds like you want to create a fully automated ‘turnkey’ business that is able to run without your involvement.
A turnkey business is able to run itself. You have an amazing team you trust to work and make your customers happy. You also have competent office staff who: manage the diary; answer the phones; and chase the payments. You have little to no involvement in the day to day running of your business, yet it brings you a healthy income, which means you can easily go on holiday, head to the golf course or even consider selling your business…
Judging from how you answered the quiz questions, it sounds like you want to create a business that runs itself whilst still growing (ie. more profit whilst you spend less and less time working in the business).
Sounds like you? Keep on reading for advice on making your dream business a reality…
In order to run a turnkey business and still see growth you need:
- Consistent stream of new, quality customers. You need to know, regardless of the time of year, that your business is going to have new customers who are prepared to pay your prices and value your team’s work. It’s no use having perfect automated systems and staff unless you know that, even when you’re not there, your team is busy with quality jobs. You also need to make sure that the marketing channels you choose to bring in your new customers can be ‘turned up’ when your team needs more work, and ‘turned down’ when the diary is too full. Whilst not all marketing methods allow this flexibility, Google Ads is a marketing avenue which you can control based on how busy your diary is, therefore providing a consistent stream of new customers that works for you. You can also oversee your Google Ads campaigns remotely, so you don’t need to physically be in the office to see how many leads you are generating – this allows you to live that turnkey business dream.
Why not have a FREE 30 minute consultation with one of our experts today to find out how many leads per month you could get?
- Create automated systems. In order to free up more of your time as the business owner, you want to automate as many of the day-to-day jobs within your business as possible, such as: chasing late payments; calling up customers who you’ve quoted for; asking past customers for a 5 star review; and so on. A lot of these jobs can be done automatically at the push of a button and does not require as many admin staff, therefore cutting down your overheads. Digitool has helped many trades businesses to do this by finding out about all the admin headaches in your business, then we look at all the ways we can get software to do these jobs for you.
Speak to us today about helping to automate your business.
- Create manuals on how to run your business. Businesses that work like ‘well-oiled machines’, which need little to no involvement from the business owners, have a manual that explains the correct way to do every job in your business. This means staff aren’t calling you every minute to ask how to carry out a job, how to reconcile payments in your accounting software, or how to pay in a cheque properly at the bank… therefore freeing up your time.
Here’s some excellent advice from people who have grown a turnkey style business and got rich doing so!
- Book: Clockwork: Design Your Business to Run by Mike Michalowicz
- Book: The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About by Michael E. Gerber.
- Podcast: How to Harness Staffing Power to Deliver Top-Quality Service and Win Life-long Customers by The Home Service Expert Podcast. (1 hr 19 mins) This podcast interviews Al Levi, a successful plumber who talks about why you NEED a manual to run your business. Al Levi has been rated as one of the 25 most influential contractors in the United States by Plumbing and Mechanical Magazine. After starting and growing his own business, he was able to sell the business to then retire before reaching 50. He is the author of The 7-Power Contractor, and helped in co-authoring the book The Home Service Millionaire.
Want to chat about growing your turnkey business and getting more leads? Book in a 30 min call with our expert business developers – they’ll show you how we can help your business grow.
“Owner-operator” style business
An owner-operator is usually hands on in the business. You often work on the tools because you enjoy it, and you’re likely to carry out some of the other day-to-day responsibilities like quoting for new jobs, answering the phones to customers and chasing up payments. An owner-operator style business usually is one man and a van, or a small team (2-4 vans). You earn a healthy income and can easily take a Friday or week off as you do not have a large team or overheads to consider.
“Sell-able, scale-able” business
A sell-able, scale-able business requires a lot of hard graft for 5-15 years but once you’ve created a huge asset it can be sold for millions and you can look at retiring early! Your company name is known all over your city (and beyond). Your friends often spot your fleet of vans on the road. The business is making a healthy profit year on year. You are creating procedures in every department to gear up for selling what you have built…
Digitool is Rated 5 by 112 local trades businesses
“Digitool really know their customers and the industries they work in. Digitool has transformed my business and doubled the monthly turnover within 1 month. Instant results from a well run family business. I don’t trust marketing companies but I will forever trust Digitool.”
“Digitool has been a game changer for my business. They took a major headache off of my day to day duties and made it a much smaller headache. They do a great job. Communication is top notch. Always friendly and professional. You WILL NOT be disappointed if you work with the Digitool team.”
“The team at Digitool are always on hand to help and always offer a unbelievable service.”
We know how hard it is to run a trades business
That’s why we have helped hundreds of businesses get customers in their local area.